Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Week 5

Hola pythonista! It's week 5! Now that this week's lectures are over, let's take a walk down memory lane to see what we've learned.
So this week we dove deeper into recursion as well as it's importance in A1. Honestly, Monday's lecture could have been really helpful, but I didn't read the A1 handout until Tuesday so I wasn't sure what he was talking about. Looking back at the lecture slide, it looks like I'll be able to use it to my advantage when I'm actually working on A1. During Wednesday's lecture, Prof Heap went over namespace and rec_max, another example of recursion. I think I'll have to read more about what we've learned this week because I don't feel comfortable enough with it yet.
This week's lab focused on tracing and recursion. Overall, the tasks were pretty easy. My partner and I took down the tracing challenge like we've been doing it our wholes lives. The last two parts needed us to create recursive code. At first we didn't know what to do, and slowly enough we had a chunk of terrible code. But, our TA gave us a hint and made us realize that we only had one mistake that wouldn't let us return anything! (Yay for TAs) For the second part, we used an example from class to guide us and we finished it in two minutes. I definitely feel a lot better with recursion now because I had no idea what I was doing beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment